I wish someone would post a tut on any of these 2 apps. I can find lots of references to jailbreak and jailbroken but what to patch is the big question. Also since there is no true of false values to change makes it a lot harder than altering the money value on a game lol
I swear these 2 apps are more protected than bank apps. They have some crazy jailbreak protection, nothing seems to work
Oh well back to smali code hacking on Android for me. I was able to patch the Android version of Optik on the Go but the Virgin TV Anywhere App is showing to be a real challenge as well.
***EDIT**
Watching this video
It looks like this guy is able to NOP the values that send the jailbreak message right in the program and then he's able to save a new executable?
At around 10:30 on the video he starts explaining how the jailbreak is called
Can IDA in Windows do the same?
Otherwise do I just need a virtual machine with Mac software to install that Hopper software he's using?
This is exactly what I was hopping I would be able to do with IDA
The patch function does nothing in IDA for me. I can seem to be able to remove stuff but the changes are not reflected in the Hex area and also, I'm not able to save any changes or the difference of the changes for ARM64 IOS games and apps anyways.
Also I was trying to patch a game to get the items for free. I thought I had found the correct subs entry and I tried to NOP it with a hex editor in Windows. After I made the changes and transferred the modified executable back to the game.app folder on the device, the app just crashes, even though the permissions were set exactly the same as the other files in the folder. What is the proper way to to transferred the modified files back to the app or game?
However if I modify the hex values right on the phone itself with the Hex Editor built into Filza File Manager, the app doesn't crash but it looks like I got the wrong entry or I was not supposed to NOP it anyways because the app crashes when I try to make the purchase.