• Teal
  • Chocolate
  • Slate
  • Midnight
  • Maastricht
  • Charcoal
  • Matte Black
shmoo

Guide [Breaking Security]How to disable syscall (anti-debugging protection)

69 posts in this topic

I made this tutorial in April of 2015 for the cheaters here and after almost a year of it being private I decided to post it to the public.

Gameloft always uses syscall on their games, and while this was written in April, MC5 still has removable syscall and you can use MC5 to practice :)

Requirements:

- IDA Pro

- Modern Combat 5

- GNU Debugger from cydia.radare.org (repo)

- OpenSSH

- Clutch 1.4.7-2

- armv7 binary of MC5, crack it on a 32 bit device for it to be armv7. I won't post one here because of copyright issues.

Below this line is the exact text I wrote on April 10, 2015. Enjoy :)

------

Hidden Content

React or reply to this topic to see the hidden content. More info

Proof: (me attaching to Modern Combat 5 in GDB)

xrLa6qY.jpg

• Like 35
  • Thanks 9
  • Upvote 55
  • Agree 1
  • Winner 2

Thanks for sharing ! ;)

One question.

when the app do not use _syscall what it could be ?

i searched for all methods that check if they had Cydia or etc.

Thanks.

how much mc5 kids show here after that :smoke:

Edited by Shisui11

how much mc5 kids show here after that :smoke:

they'll think its a hack :rofl:

• Upvote 1

Thanks for sharing ! ;)

One question.

when the app do not use _syscall what it could be ?

i searched for all methods that check if they had Cydia or etc.

Thanks.

It's ptrace. Try searching imports for ptrace

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By FroLLeGaming
      This is only for devices with Electra jailbreak on firmware iOS 11 - 11.1.2

Step by step tutorial:

Hidden Content
      React or reply to this topic to see the hidden content. More info Now you’re done  Hopefully I helped you! If you have any questions post them below and I’ll try my best to help you

• By FroLLeGaming
      This method will fix both if you accidentally uninstalled Cydia or keep getting the "error.topangu" in the Electra Jailbreak app iOS 11-11.1.2

Video: 
      Hidden Content

Step by step tutorial:
      Hidden Content

I hope I helped you as I know it's annoying not being able to do anything. As I said this should work because it worked for me. 

• By Najku
      UPDATED AS OF 2018

This method will probably ALWAYS work. I've read through some of the comments and people say they aren't unbanned. Most game developers ban both your device and your account, some only your device or your account. This method can't unban your account ( no method can ). But it clears your phone, so you are able to play the game, on a new account ofcourse.

So, first of all, there are probably many different guides out there regarding how to remove your own bans.

Now, I have found a way, that is in my opinion the most effective way to get rid of a ban AND it always works. No matter what ban you get, this will remove it, unless you are IP (then just switch to Mobile Networkd if it happened at home, or the other way around). Some people mean this is too much, and not needed and what not, but I mean that, if you want to get unbanned, then why not? It takes 2 minute of your time, and you're done.

Now, this method will remove all saved passwords/information on your phone. Meaning you will have to type in your iCloud credentials, Facebook, WiFi Password & whatever else you have. It could possibly cause even more issues with your iDevice so use this at your own risk. 

I have heard people are having issues with this method. Again, I warn you to use this method as unexpected issues can occur if you use this method. There are other, easier methods you should try first, and ask around. I posted this since I have friends in different countries with no real knowledge about anything regarding this. So the easiest way for them to do it, is to remove the Keychains. I myself use this method aswell, without anything happened, except loosing some game data and passwords.

You have been warned.
      MAKE SURE TO ALWAYS MAKE A BACKUP

USE AT OWN RISK
      A safer way to do this is to remove the App's tables via a SQL command like on this topic which shows you how to get unbanned from Gameloft Games: http://iosgods.com/topic/5595-tutorial-how-to-get-unbanned-from-gameloft-games-on-your-idevice/

This method can be called "hardcore" as it removes Data from your phone. You can read more about it if you just google it. I highly recommend using the above method before anything else. This method will work, if you really really like a game and will go through hell to be unbanned.
      This method can also remove your Game Data of some games. For example Clash of Clans and so on. I am sorry that I don't have a list of the games this affects, but you can probably look it up in no time if you need to.

Hidden Content
    • By TwiiX
      How to Download iBooks onto your iDevice For Free Few Simple Steps less than 2 minutes.

Get That Knowledge

Hidden Content

There is also a website for free AudioBooks but i havent personally tested this out yet but heres the link for that page if interested.

Hidden Content

Video: Hidden Content

Credits: Chris Brian Durrant & TheHackSpot
    • By Jonn Martian
      I have had problem of iGMM was not working but using this solution all the iGMM on Electra works really good.
      Click here for -  Instructions in writing.
      Click here for Video - YouTube video

Credits/Thanks to: @DiDA @iiRyu