Charging Help ~

Zahir

7 posts in this topic

I have a quick question for Apple Geniuses out there

So let us say, instead of charging until 100% , i took it out when it was 50%

does this affect the battery or the phone somehow?

i don't think so. What i can tell you is always let the phone go down to as low as possible before charging. And dont leave the phone plugged for too long after having it 100% already. This will help increase battery life span. i use leave my 5S plugged all the time cos i was hacking or playing with it, and after a while when using it without been plugged in the battery would only last like 2 hours or less. 

Yes. If you do it a lot of times it would effect your battery cappacity because you are consitinetly charging (if you do it a lot that is). It would be a char gibing cycle and and that "kinda" effects your battery. Again. Nothing will happen if you dononece every 3 or 4 days, but if you do it every day, then yes. It will effect.

Keeping lithium ion battery between 50 - 60% helps to preserve the maximum amount of battery life hence some laptop companies such as Lenovo have introduced conservation mode where you can keep the battery plugged in and it wont drop below 50 or go above 60. Since iPhones also have lithium ion batteries the 50-60% thing can be applied over here too. Since this is a phone and you cant keep it between 50 to 60 % try to not charge over 60% and dont let your phone die (reach 0%)

Archived