Bizarrow

Help/Support IDA String Hacking

16 posts in this topic

Question

I need help modding a game, so that the game name is "Knights & Dragons -RPG"

and im using @shmoo 's string tutorial he used on Blitz Bridage or something, anyways I've followed the instructions opened IDA subview etc and in quick filter I search for health and got a bunch of strings so I opened one of them named "player health" I opened it and there is 1 sub above and 3 below (close together) so I tried first over 300 lines so no and the next below no 3000+ then another below 10000+! No. And the 3rd one down it had 2 lines! And unfortunately @shmoo 's doesn't tell you how to edit the health and make it unlimited when you get to it (at least I didn't see any info about it) so I'm wondering how do I edit it? Picture below

ufTeG22.jpg

Edited by Drapes

15 answers to this question

14 hours ago, Drapes said:

But algood on the gOblin post where u get the jailbreak he said he was going to update today or tomorrow and should be full jailbreak. I'll make a new topic if I need help, Thanks again for your continuous support.

Class dump (one of them) was just updated in BigBoss recently and it works finally for me on iOS 10 64 bit.

Btw I had years of programming experience in older languages before starting with Flex, was making patches for couple years before learning to make tweaks and use IDA. A year ago I think I started learning arm64, with some thumb and armv7- I've come a long way but still haven't made a good cheat using IDA alone.  Actually I never really made any good cheats lol so decided to just learn more obj c, and other tools useful for developing (but not so much for game cheats).

There's a really cool tweak in Cydia called "FLEXible" that is like a combo of classdump and a debugger in one. I'm curious to see if the addresses displayed in there would be correct offsets after adjusting for ASLR slide.  I haven't used it on any 3rd party apps/games tho just Apple stuff.

Edited by i0s_tweak3r
Remembered FLEXible might work

7 hours ago, i0s_tweak3r said:

Class dump (one of them) was just updated in BigBoss recently and it works finally for me on iOS 10 64 bit.

Btw I had years of programming experience in older languages before starting with Flex, was making patches for couple years before learning to make tweaks and use IDA. A year ago I think I started learning arm64, with some thumb and armv7- I've come a long way but still haven't made a good cheat using IDA alone.  Actually I never really made any good cheats lol so decided to just learn more obj c, and other tools useful for developing (but not so much for game cheats).

There's a really cool tweak in Cydia called "FLEXible" that is like a combo of classdump and a debugger in one. I'm curious to see if the addresses displayed in there would be correct offsets after adjusting for ASLR slide.  I haven't used it on any 3rd party apps/games tho just Apple stuff.

Thanks for informing me! Unfortunately I'm a n00b to to IDA, MS, ARM pretty much anything related to coding etc. I have put this link in my 'Notes for hacking' and will come here for future references! 

12 hours ago, Drapes said:

Thanks for informing me! Unfortunately I'm a n00b to to IDA, MS, ARM pretty much anything related to coding etc. I have put this link in my 'Notes for hacking' and will come here for future references! 

Have you used iGameguardian or Gamegem before? They are great tools for hacking almost any game that isn't server sided, and even though the cheats are only on your device, you can often share parts of the game data and make it a "save game cheat". Lol when I first came here I didn't look in that section at all because I thought it meant coding how to save progress in a game that didn't let you save, like in an arcade, but it's actually just sharing progress you made in a way anyone (even no jailbreak ppl) can install the data and benefit from all the cheating you did with gameguardian/gamegem/localiapstore.

Even just learning to get good at iGG and trying to modify as many things in as many different ways as you can is a great way to start hacking games. Often you can't hack the main currency by itself, but if your clever enough you can search for a variable that's a subtotal that is added to your total at a specific time and change that before it's added in.  

That'll get you in the right mindset for using IDA eventually, and if you get lldb or a good debugger you can use the same way you cheated with iGameguardian to help find functions and variables that can be hacked in the actual app binary.

7 minutes ago, i0s_tweak3r said:

Have you used iGameguardian or Gamegem before? They are great tools for hacking almost any game that isn't server sided, and even though the cheats are only on your device, you can often share parts of the game data and make it a "save game cheat". Lol when I first came here I didn't look in that section at all because I thought it meant coding how to save progress in a game that didn't let you save, like in an arcade, but it's actually just sharing progress you made in a way anyone (even no jailbreak ppl) can install the data and benefit from all the cheating you did with gameguardian/gamegem/localiapstore.

Even just learning to get good at iGG and trying to modify as many things in as many different ways as you can is a great way to start hacking games. Often you can't hack the main currency by itself, but if your clever enough you can search for a variable that's a subtotal that is added to your total at a specific time and change that before it's added in.  

That'll get you in the right mindset for using IDA eventually, and if you get lldb or a good debugger you can use the same way you cheated with iGameguardian to help find functions and variables that can be hacked in the actual app binary.

I've used Gameguardian, I've used many prehacked or gameguardian, LocalIAPurchase (or something) etc.. but I want to make my own Hacks like modifying files, binary, Hex so on. Using apps that hack for you with a little bit of work for me, I don't like. But yes I will be using it to find #'s that I need & i won't be hacking as much due to the fact that I will be busy with school etc & hacking has been taking up my time. Thanks again for your awesome advice! ^_^

On 1/13/2018 at 3:17 PM, Bizarrow said:

I've used Gameguardian, I've used many prehacked or gameguardian, LocalIAPurchase (or something) etc.. but I want to make my own Hacks like modifying files, binary, Hex so on. Using apps that hack for you with a little bit of work for me, I don't like. But yes I will be using it to find #'s that I need & i won't be hacking as much due to the fact that I will be busy with school etc & hacking has been taking up my time. Thanks again for your awesome advice! ^_^

Hi are u still learning let me know we have some people who could help you just quote back.